Ever wondered how a jet engine works? Jet engines create forward thrust by taking in a large amount of air and discharging it as a high-speed jet of gas. The way they’re designed allows aircraft to fly faster and further compared to propeller-driven aircraft. Their development and refinement over the course of the last 65 years has made commercial air travel more practical and profitable, opening the world to business and recreational travellers.
Please click on the images to see them move!
Inside a jet engine
Inside the core of a jet engine
Inside a turbofan
Inside the afterburner
And that is how the powerhouse of an aircraft works, Simply fantastic. If it weren’t for these big steps in technology, today’s airplanes wouldn’t exist!
© http://animagraffs.com – Thanks for the friendly authorization Jake O’Neal
Additional Reads –
- Selfies in Aviation – The Art of mid Air Selfies
- The SR-71 Blackbird is the fastest plane in the world
- The fastest plane in the world – How the Blackbird was built
- A new US presidential aircraft? Air Force One Fleet change
- Like Aviation Videos? Have a look at this Youtube Channel then!
Author – Jake Meilak